Pages

2011/06/29

お好み焼き ♥

Let's talk about something I love about Japan:

THE FOOD!!

We tried to eat something different every day during our stay in Tokyo..
we kind of failed, but we quite ate a lot of stuff we didn't eat before.

To tell you one of my favorite dishes:

お好み焼き - Okonomiyaki

I really like the way you eat it...you gather around hot plates and enjoy cooking together with friends or your family. It's a food adventure, haha

One of my friends, Jasmin (half Japanese), knew where to eat good Okonomiyaki and recommended this place:

We reserved two tables (8 Persons)

Maxi & Shia sitting in front of me

First step:
order every single ingredient you want
mix it with raw egg, salad & dough

bake it!


add Dashi & sauce of your choice

いただきまーす
(Anna next to me stabbing her poor Okonomiyaki xD)


And because I loved it soooo much I tried to cook it at home 2 weeks ago:
(asked Maxi to join me...she's the better cook)

ingredients

mixing time


Final result:
I don't know why the hell I chose to take a photo of the first attempt...haha
Okonomiyaki Nr. 3-1000 were looking way better xDD
But the taste has been almost original YAY


Maxi threw the leftovers into the pan and made a wonderful salad with toppings


YUM

2 comments:

Kim said...

OMG...the okonomiyaki looks SUPER DELICIOUS! aaaaaaaaaahh..now I'm starving to death~!! I SHOULD eat this again.haha..this os one of my favest japanese snack food X3~~

waah, u like heavymetal music too? awesome! I'm a big fan of diru though <3

sachie said...

AHH that looks super delicious! Now I want to try some ;0; <33